Thank you for your interest in submitting an abstract for the 8th International Conference on Hepatitis Care in Substance Users.
Abstract Submission Deadline: 11.59pm (EST) Sunday 7 April 2019 - there will be no extensions!
Late Breaker Abstract Submission Opens: Friday 31 May 2019
Late Breaker Abstract Deadline: 11.59pm (EST) Sunday 9 June 2019
INHSU 2019 welcomes submissions of abstracts for original contribution to the field of the following scientific themes. Hepatitis care is herein inclusive of health care provided to people who use drugs at risk or infected by hepatitis C (or hepatitis), with the objective of enhancing global health and quality of life, and not exclusively Hepatitis prevention and treatment. As such, abstracts that focus on health issues among people who use drugs beyond hepatitis C are welcomed and encouraged.
The International Network for Hepatitis in Substance Users has previously published research priorities focused on HCV prevention, management and direct-acting antiviral treatment among PWID. Find out more.
Consistent with these priorities, INHSU 2019 is specifically looking to accept abstracts on the following topics:
- Epidemiology of injecting drug use, HCV, and HIV among people who use or inject drugs
- Epidemiology of harms associated with drug use (e.g. overdose, injecting-related infections)
- Prevention of HCV and HIV infection among people who use or inject drugs
- Prevention of drug-related harms among people who use or inject drugs
- HCV testing among people who use or inject drugs
- Linkage to HCV care and treatment among people who use or inject drugs
- DAA HCV treatment among people who use or inject drugs
- Reinfection following successful treatment among people who use or inject drugs
- Integration of services to address HCV and other infectious diseases (e.g. HIV)
- Interventions to enhance health care for people who inject drugs